An example of an 8 module homepage.
Looping video backgrounds are very popular on home pages. I decided to make a homepage module so WordPress users could quickly build one on their home pages. Users only need a short video clip and some homepage module settings to complete this task. The configuration options for this module are:
- Select a video (mp4) from the WordPress Media Library.
- Add any text content or basic HTML content to be overlayed over the looping video.
- Select the overlaying text’s color.
- Select the opacity of the video.
- Select the height of the video.
- Position the Video Background module on your homepage with the Redux Homepage Layout Manager. So fast!
When you decrease video opacity, an underlying background line pattern reveals itself. Decreasing video opacity and exposing the background pattern improves the visibility and readability of the overlaying text content. There is a working example of this module at the bottom of my homepage but only temporarily.
Learning Google SketchUp for a Sprinter DIY conversion. Wow! It’s not like PhotoShop at all.
These are the 6 standard road bike rides around Aspen. I did not include Independence Pass (Hwy 82) because I don’t recommend riding it with its negative roadway shoulders. If you want to ride Indy, do it when it is closed to motor traffic. This means early May when CDOT is still snow plowing over the pass or when a cycle event travels over the pass (Pro Challenge race or Ride the Rockies tour).
My riding stats start and end on Red Butte Drive near Slaughter House Bridge, not in downtown Aspen.
- Aspen Loop is mostly flat and makes the most of Aspen’s bike paths and bikeways. Easiest.
- Woody Creek is an out and back ride. Many riders pit stop at the Woody Creek Tavern.
- Castle Creek is the longest ride. Out and back ride.
- Maroon Creek has the highest elevation. Limited car traffic. Out and back ride.
- Owl Creek is a loop ride with some bike path segments. Juniper Hill is a steep 600’ segment. Ride the Rio Grande bike path if you want river views on the way back to Aspen or McLain Flats Road if prefer looking at the mountains of the Elk Range.
- Owl Creek Mass Trail skips the Juniper Hill segment and some highway crossings via the Aspen Mass Trail. The route follows mostly bike path.
Developers: This uses the Ride with GPS multi route widget.