Looping video backgrounds are very popular on home pages. I decided to make a homepage module so WordPress users could quickly build one on their home pages. Users only need a short video clip and some homepage module settings to complete this task. The configuration options for this module are:
- Select a video (mp4) from the WordPress Media Library.
- Add any text content or basic HTML content to be overlayed over the looping video.
- Select the overlaying text’s color.
- Select the opacity of the video.
- Select the height of the video.
- Position the Video Background module on your homepage with the Redux Homepage Layout Manager. So fast!
When you decrease video opacity, an underlying background line pattern reveals itself. Decreasing video opacity and exposing the background pattern improves the visibility and readability of the overlaying text content. There is a working example of this module at the bottom of my homepage but only temporarily.